Blogging and starting of a website is the most critical stage because one is naive and doesn’t know about what option is better. Whether, to choose a Self-hosted WordPress. org or go for the free WordPress.com blog is an important consideration but this articles will provide you with some better insights on both, pros and cons and help you decide what is best for you. Both the terms WordPress.com and WordPress.org are confusing but here how it is different.
The major difference between both it in case of WordPress.Org on can use the website completely at their own managerial levels through lot of customisations and modifications. It supports various custom themes, allows uploading of plugins and let you host your own sites at discounted rates using any available coupon codes on sites line Bluehost. In case of WordPress.com you don’t have the complete access to managing your website as per your choice and the free plan limits you to particular themes and updates only.
Pros and Cons of WordPress. Org
Everything has its own pros and cons and we choose to stick to any product or thing depending on its advantage and disadvantage. Let us first look at the pros and then cons of WordPress.Org
- You have access to complete website and own your data and since you are the owner, no one can switch off the work. The website gives you many plugins using which you can make uploads as well as upload customised themes.
- The analytics and stats of the website can be tracked to know number of viewers and also gives you the opportunity to earn revenue or money as blogger.
- The only major con with org is it requires a good web hosting which becomes a bit expensive as you need to pay around $10 monthly but once you start earning revenue the cost can be easily neutralised. They also offer coupon codes and discounts time to time to help you save money.
- Since you are the manager of the website so it requires you to perform all the upgrades as well as create backups using plugins.
Pros and Cons of Free WordPress.Com
- The site is updated and regularly checked by professional team of WordPress and you don’t need to worry about it.
- If you blog only for hobby it is a great platform as the free version offers storage space of 3GB and also has themes to customise the blog look.
- If you are planning to earn revenue and make money from blogger or trying to seek a career as blogger, it is definitely not a platform for you as no earning will be allowed. They plant ads all over your site and you don’t get a penny out of it, to make your site free of ads you need to make a payment of $29.97.
- Unless you have 25,000 page-views a month, you are not allowed to sell ads. In case you are allowed to sell ads, share the revenue with WordPress and that hurts.
- No plugins allowed, no custom themes allowed for free and have access to changing your themes, closing the blog as per their convenience. It actually limits your option to explore more as blogger.
It is not a tough call when it comes to choosing one because it all depends on your preference and priority. If you are still confuse, check easywaytohosting home page and check various reviews options. If you are planning to take up blogging as career it is always recommended to go for WordPress. Org as it is better, convenient, helps you earn money and also cheaper. Free WordPress.Com is only for taking up blogging as hobby with no serious interest in earning.